Problem with FC1-Xfce4-RPM-Packages

Andy Choens dru at worldskip.com
Fri May 28 04:56:31 CEST 2004

I think I finally figured out what your problem is!  I looked at your
pictures, but didn't pick up on this.  I'm sorry.  Like I said before, I
upgraded a FC1 box to FC2.  I have had a hard time getting the xfce
themes to look right in FC2.  RH messed something up because they used
to look fine when I had FC1 installed.  In fact, the really great themes
are one of the reasons I like XFCE4.

I'm going to compare the themes RH provides against the stock XFCE4
themes, to see if they fiddled with anything.  It seems like they
squared everything out to make it look more like Blue Curve.  Which,
although I REALLY like bluecurve, thhey should not have done that.  I
don't think the problem is in the compilation of the gtk-engine because
I've got some other gtk2 themes installed on my computer and they look
just fine.  Just make sure the theme you are using plays well with
gtk-2.4.x

Sorry this took me so long to figure out.  I should have figured out
what you were talking about sooner.

I was wrong, there are some deps that aren't on the 4th CD.  I would
either just down-load them OR, heck, put all the xfce rpms into a file
on your hard drive.  Copy the deps into the same drive and run a single
rpm -ivh *.  Then , delete the rpms.  It's really not that hard.

As someone suggested, we probably should file a bug with RH/Fedora,
since they really goofed this up.