Problem with FC1-Xfce4-RPM-Packages

Paul M. Bucalo linuxuser at pmbenterprises.com
Thu May 27 18:51:07 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 10:59, Chuck Mead wrote:

> > I just followed your recommendation, but it may be worth noting that the
> > files provided are scattered among the last three CD's, not just on the
> > 4th one. And as hard as I have looked, I can't find on any of the CD's
> > the 'xfce4-*' modules. Assuming that I didn't want to compile my own
> > from source, what other builds are safe to use on FC2? RH9 or FC1?
>
> I do not understand why you would not want to simply use yum to install
> xfce4 out of the base? Yum will pick up all the deps and install them to.

Well, Chuck....my only answer can be because Fedora's primary servers
for Base, Updates and Stable are missing all of the 'xfce4-*' extra
modules, and I never use the unstable yum repos to update or install
from. Should I be pulling from a mirror instead of the CD's provided or
Fedora's own primary servers? Maybe you can recommend one that has these
missing modules packaged for FC 2?

Paul