xfce-mcs-manage memory leak?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon May 24 21:00:33 CEST 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Miro Hodak wrote:

> On Mon, 24 May 2004 purslow at sympatico.ca wrote:
>
> > 040524 Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> > > If I remember correctly, the memory leak was within librsvg2.
> > > I was told that most of the leaks were fixed in the upcoming version.
> > > Anybody with more info on this?
> >
> > i haven't encountered MH's problem (i don't use background images),
> > but i did do 'rsync' on my Gentoo system 040522
> > & one thing which i updated was Libsrvg, which is now 2.6.4 .
> > is MH using this latest version of Libsrvg ?
> > possibly, he may need to re-emerge Xfce 4.0.5 too.
>
> My system is fully synced with Gentoo stable, so I using librsvg version
> 2.6.4. I have also tried to reemerge all xfce4 packages, but that did not
> help the problem.

librsvg used to have a memleak, but from what i can tell it's been
fixed.  i'm using version 2.7.0 now; i don't recall when i noticed the
leaks going away.  also, i believe librsvg can be built with different
backends - either libxml2 or libgsf.  i think.  it's possible that that
has something to do with it (i doubt either has a memleak of its own,
but it could be that librsvg is forgetting to free something when using
one of the backends but not the other).  then again, my librsvg-2.so is
linked to both libxml2 and libgsf, so perhaps i'm just confused.

> If you want some svg backgorund images to test if you can reproduce this
> proble you can het them here:
> http://programmer-art.org/files/gentoo/Lila-backgrounds-0.2.tar.bz2

i'll take a look at it later today, when i go home.

	-brian