xfce-mcs-manage memory leak?

Miro Hodak hodak at nemo.physics.ncsu.edu
Mon May 24 18:27:09 CEST 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004 purslow at sympatico.ca wrote:

> 040524 Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> > Miro Hodak wrote:
> >> I have noticed that xfce-mcs-manage uses a lot of memory
> >> when browsing svg desktop background images.
> >> This is with xfce 4.0.5 on Gentoo.
> > If I remember correctly, the memory leak was within librsvg2.
> > I was told that most of the leaks were fixed in the upcoming version.
> > Anybody with more info on this?
>
> i haven't encountered MH's problem (i don't use background images),
> but i did do 'rsync' on my Gentoo system 040522
> & one thing which i updated was Libsrvg, which is now 2.6.4 .
> is MH using this latest version of Libsrvg ?
> possibly, he may need to re-emerge Xfce 4.0.5 too.

My system is fully synced with Gentoo stable, so I using librsvg version
2.6.4. I have also tried to reemerge all xfce4 packages, but that did not
help the problem.

If you want some svg backgorund images to test if you can reproduce this
proble you can het them here:
http://programmer-art.org/files/gentoo/Lila-backgrounds-0.2.tar.bz2

Miro