XFFM configuration problem

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sun May 23 02:26:02 CEST 2004

El sáb, 22-05-2004 a las 10:47, Jack Coates escribió:
> hi all,
>
> I'm trying to set SMB_USER so I can use XFFM's SMB browser, but I'm having
> trouble. This is with eslrahc's 4.0.5 RPMs on MDK 10.
>
> If I set it via bash, it is overridden by xfce-mcs-manager, as expected
> per this message:
> http://lunar-linux.org/pipermail/xfce4-dev/2003-November/008917.html
>
> So reading that message, it looks like I should use the mcs manager to set
> the variables, which is fine -- except that it doesn't work to set
> variables. I click setup, file manager and get a list of empty variables.
> Right-click, middle-click, double-click, nothing seems to enable changing
> the variables.
>
> OH! clicking on the empty space is what does it. Non-intuitive.
>
> Anyway, once the variable is set in xfce-mcs-manager, it still isn't being
> read by xffm, which continues to browse as GUEST and show a little yellow
> lightbulb after Help > environment variables > SMB_USER. Do I have to
> restart XFCE? HUP'ing xfce-mcs-manager just kills it, BTW. After restart
> xffm still doesn't pick up the variable.
>
> Open to suggestions...

After you type the smb user to use in the mcs-manager, make sure you
press <return> so that changes take effect. You can see that changes
take effect because in the xffm diagnostics window you will see:
"SMB_USER changed". If you do not see that message, then the
xfce-mcs-manager has not informed xffm of the change. The format for smb
user is "user%password" or "user%" if no password is required (4_0
branch).

Edscott