XFFM configuration problem

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sat May 22 17:47:51 CEST 2004

hi all,

I'm trying to set SMB_USER so I can use XFFM's SMB browser, but I'm having
trouble. This is with eslrahc's 4.0.5 RPMs on MDK 10.

If I set it via bash, it is overridden by xfce-mcs-manager, as expected
per this message:
http://lunar-linux.org/pipermail/xfce4-dev/2003-November/008917.html

So reading that message, it looks like I should use the mcs manager to set
the variables, which is fine -- except that it doesn't work to set
variables. I click setup, file manager and get a list of empty variables.
Right-click, middle-click, double-click, nothing seems to enable changing
the variables.

OH! clicking on the empty space is what does it. Non-intuitive.

Anyway, once the variable is set in xfce-mcs-manager, it still isn't being
read by xffm, which continues to browse as GUEST and show a little yellow
lightbulb after Help > environment variables > SMB_USER. Do I have to
restart XFCE? HUP'ing xfce-mcs-manager just kills it, BTW. After restart
xffm still doesn't pick up the variable.

Open to suggestions...
--
Jack At Monkeynoodle.Org:
It's A Scientific Venture...