Command won't execute in launcher

Jack Kern jack_kern at operamail.com
Mon May 17 16:44:06 CEST 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

>On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 03:17:24PM +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>

>>On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 08:39:40AM -0400, Jack Kern wrote:
>>

>>>In either case the output/errors could not be read as xterm would start
>>>and exit -- using xterm with the "-hold" argument would help to clarify
>>>the issues.
>>>

>>Do you know if other terminals support -hold?
>>

>Oh, if anyone wants to use the hold option, since we use the xfterm4 script
>you can either change the script or set TERMCMD to "xterm -hold".

Folks clever enough to do that might just as well use xterm with the
hold option in launcher specifications.  If the suggested changes to the
variable or script is made, they should be aware that an expected
behaviour will change with the "-hold" argument.  "xterm -hold -e top",
for example, will run "top" but the "q" command to "top" will just
freeze that terminal and it will have to be closed with the window
manager or xterm menu (Ctrl-left_mouse_button --> Send KILL...) instead
of just exiting "top" and closing the xterm with the "q" command.