Command won't execute in launcher

Jack Kern jack_kern at operamail.com
Mon May 17 04:46:13 CEST 2004

Brett I. Holcomb wrote:

>I have a command
>
>xyz arg1 "arg2with spaces"
>
>that works perfectly from the command line.  When I set up a launcher with
>this command and tell it to run in terminal all I get is a quick flash
>like a terminal window opened and then closed.  I've tried various
>combinations of quoting (single, double, use \ to mark the space) and
>tried exec xzy arg1 "arg2with spaces" and nothing works.
>
>Any ideas on how to make this work?

man xterm

       -hold   Turn  on  the  hold  resource, i.e., xterm will not
immediately
               destroy its window when the shell command completes.
It  will
               wait  until you use the window manager to destroy/kill
the win-
               dow, or if you use the menu entries that send a  signal,
e.g.,
               HUP or KILL.

Perhaps for the launcher command, like:

       xterm -h -e xzy arg1 "arg2with spaces"