CVS's xfdesktop & gtk-2.4.1

Bradee-oh! bradeeoh at bradeeoh.com
Mon May 10 05:07:30 CEST 2004

Missed alot of action as I was away for the weekend.  The following is
what I intended to reply with before I caught up on the rest of this
thread.  I'll try some of the other suggestions in the thread and see if
I can solve it.

-----------------------------

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> you should have a prefs panel in the settings manager called "Desktop".
> if you don't, then you most likely installed xfdesktop to a prefix
> different than that of xfce-mcs-manager (which you can't do). if that's
> not the case, but you still have the old "Backdrop Settings" or
> "Desktop: backdrop" prefs panel (or whatever it's called in 4.0.x), but
> not the new one, likely you just haven't restarted xfce-mcs-manager
> since compiling and so it's still using the old panel.

I wiped out my install of xfce4 4.0.5 completely - no traces left - to
start fresh on cvs.  I downloaded all of the cvs modules and installed
them in the order specified on the xfce.org website.

The location of my xfce-mcs-manager is
"/usr/local/bin/xfce-mcs-manager"

The location of my xfdesktop is
"/usr/local/bin/xfdesktop"

in fact, an ls of the dir shows that all the executables for my xfce
environment are in /usr/local/bin   ;)

If that's what you meant by "not installed in the same place", then I'm
afraid I'd have to respectfully disagree.

However, if there's any more info I could give you about the
installation of ANY module involved, please let me know.  I'd love to
help you track down the problem as much as I can.

> if there's no settings panel, there are no config files, as the settings
> panel creates them on first load.

Anyway to determine this?  Any one file that should exist in a specific
location for me to determine whether or not a settings panel exists?

> again, sorry for the delay on this; hopefully i'll have a solution for
> you before the day is out.
>
>    -brian

No apologys neccessary - you and the xfce.org team provide a great
service to the FOSS community.  I for one appreciate whatever time you
can commit.

-Brady
---
[This E-mail has been scanned by Declude Virus running on mail.rwgusa.net and is virus-free]