xfpinboard

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Sat May 8 12:09:16 CEST 2004

On Thu, 06 May 2004 08:17:20 -0700
"Bradee-oh!" <bradeeoh at bradeeoh.com> wrote:

>  But regardless of how the user chooses to bring up the pinboard, the
>  panel plugin being used for DND sounds way useful.  I don't know
>  about other people, but I have my panel set to the top layer and
>  auto-hiding on the bottom of the screen.  That works great for me
>  because no matter what else I'm doing, the panel is ALWAYS accessible
>  over the top of the rest of my workspace just by moving the mouse
>  pointer there.  Having this plugin means that getting something to
>  your pinboard is also ALWAYS accessible.  No matter which application
>  you're using or how cluttered your workspace is, just drag from the
>  active application down to the pinboard-panel-plugin and it's on your
>  pinboard.

A helpful comment.  I have xfce set up in a similar way but after
reading your post realized that I hadn't set my "Panel layer" to top.
It meant I had to click on the hidden panel edge to get it up. Now it
works even better. ;-) Thanks. Combine it with the pinboard-panel-plugin
as you suggest would make a great option.

I came across another helpful idea when looking a Blackbox a while back.
 Leave a small "slit" along the right edge of the screen (just a few
pixels will do) and your cursor will always be able to get to the root
desktop.  That way even with a "full screen" you can move the cursor to
the right edge and right click to get the desktop menu or center click
to get the list of all desktops and open applications.

Together with your idea xfce just got better. Thanks.  John