Fonts broken after upgrade

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri May 7 19:00:49 CEST 2004

not sure what your specific problem is, but...

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Greg Bell wrote:

> I moved .xfce4 and Choices out of the way but same thing.  However, as
> root, things are OK.  The console has a message complaining about
> /etc/pango/modules and suggests running pango-querymodules-32 which I did,
> but nothing changed... still no /etc/pango/modules.  /etc/pango is
> writable by everyone.

i believe what you're looking for is /etc/pango/pango.modules, which can
be created (as root) with
# pango-querymodules-32 > /etc/pango/pango.modules
(i guess yours has a version suffix on it or something)
/etc/pango should _not_ be writeable by anyone but root.

	-brian