Upgrading to 4.0.5

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Fri May 7 06:27:51 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 23:26 -0400, Marv Boyes wrote:

> Can I just use RPMDrake to yank out the old components and install the
> new ones, or do I  also need to change or delete something in my
> ~/.xfce4 directory?

Another option (what I do): download all the pkgs into one folder, and
from the CLI as root:
`urpmi ./*`
You don't have to change any settings (not from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 anyway)
I've done it from within XFCE too :), but only accidentally.  Usually
I'll just `telinit 3` and do it from one of the vterms.  But you don't
have to reboot or anything.

If you like the GUI, yeah go ahead... but I've had problems with
rpmdrake.