[OT] Lunar vs. Gentoo

Chuck Mead csm at moongroup.com
Thu May 6 17:08:07 CEST 2004

Ylosar Goer wrote:
> Well, i am also interrested in a more detailed argumentation (maybe i
> should consider to switch, who knows? :) ).
>
> both distributions are source based ones, so i do not see clearly how
> one could be 'faster' than the other as soon as both of them are
> compiling packages in an optimized-for-my-computer way.
>
> Don't are the main differences in the package system ? moonbase vs
> portage ?

Sorry I have not responded but I really have not time for an in depth
explanation. My recommendation is to jump on irc.freenode.net in the
lunar channel and ask the folks there your questions.

As far as my allusion to speed goes lunar was built, on purpose, to go
fast (and it does). It is also easier to install than Gentoo and this
has been said by every Gentoo user who has converted.