Running apps are vanishing in v4.0.4...

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Wed May 5 02:47:27 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 20:33 -0400, Marv Boyes wrote:
> It happens on both my home and work computers, too-- while both are
> running Mandrake 9.2, the computers themselves basically have only the
> Intel architecture in common. The two are configured, and run, very
> differently. I installed Xfce4 using the same packages on both machines.
> I had thought that perhaps there was some kind of conflict with software
> I had installed at home, but that wouldn't explain why I see the same
> behavior at work.

While not familiar with this issue, exactly what packages are you
running?  Are you running Mandrake's?  Charles Edwards's?  There are a
few Mandy users here who may be able to help you out more specifically
if we know which ones you have.

Of course, there may be a better answer, but I don't have it.