Backdrop list

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Tue May 4 20:33:54 CEST 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> my first simple thought was to
> make the settings panel responsible for selecting the random image from
> the list file.

I haven't even looked at any of the XFCE code, so please excuse me if
this is way off-base, but a potential solution occured to me that you
might think about.

Is it possible to place some sort of "hook" into the settings manager
mechanism such that when xfdesktop requests a background image, the
settings manager selects (and remembers, at least for the duration of
the running instance) a random image?  This would require the ability
for the settings manager (or would it be xfce-mcs-manager?) to be able
to calculate a response to a read request from an app rather than
returning a static value.

Just an idea...

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA