icons on desktop with xfce

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun May 2 09:49:22 CEST 2004

A Bunch of People wrote:
 > [a bunch of stuff]

can we please close this thread?  it's mostly degenerated into a, "this
is why i think desktop icons are stupid and why my brilliant model is
better" thread.  that's great that you have an opinion, but isn't
terribly productive, and the fact remains: xfdesktop will indeed support
desktop icons (eventually).  it's in the top 3 of user complaints, and
despite its flaws, it's a perfectly valid model that a lot of people are
used to and like.

if you have something truly constructive to say, like a new feature
idea, please feel free to start a new thread, preferably on xfce4-dev.

    -brian