ArchLinux + XFCE

Sergey Manucharyan serge at bonbon.net
Mon Mar 29 08:56:18 CEST 2004

I've discovered this distribution half an year ago. It has small (170Mb)
base system iso having simple installation procedure, as well as there
are another team
(http://amlug.net/new-projects/live-cd/al-amlug-live-cd.html) making
400Mb live CD with KDE desktop and an installer.
I like ArchLinux's simplicity and the possibility package-by-package
installation without any default set of packages or default (or
official) desktop environment. Very flexible and configurable. I feel
some a semblance of philosophies of XFCE and Arch. Arch's team is very
active, and the packages are updating very frequently. I run it with
2.6.4 kernel and didn't find any serious drawbacks yet. They have (and
updating right away) all the XFCE base packages, plugins and goodies.

Sergey