taskbar problem with xinerama

kikoune kikoune at ifrance.com
Sun Mar 28 22:46:49 CEST 2004

hi the list !

here is my setup : dual head on radeon 9200 with
primary screen on the right and secondary screen
on the left.

all apps (from xfce like panel or xfrun, or others
apps like xchat, firefox whatever) start on the
primary screen. only one doesn't start on the
right screen : the taskbar.

i try the patch from cvs head to allow to set
taskbar width and horizontal align. the patch
allows me to set the width and the horizontal
align but it doesn't allow me to put it on the
primary screen. for example setting the width
to 50% and horizontal align to right, the taskbar
will glue on the right of the left screen.

i hope my explain is clear :) can i set somewhere
the place of the taskbar ???

actually, the trick i ve found is to hack (dirtily !) the
function taskbar_get_x in xftaskbar.c line 154. i had
the width of the left screen to translate the taskbar
in the right screen. here is the thing :

static gint taskbar_get_x(Taskbar *taskbar)
{
  if (taskbar->horiz_align < 0) {
    /* left */
    return taskbar->x + 1280;
  }
  else if (taskbar->horiz_align > 0) {
    /* right */
    return taskbar->x + (taskbar->width - taskbar_get_width(taskbar)) + 1280;
  }
  else {
    /* center */
    return taskbar->x + (taskbar->width - taskbar_get_width(taskbar)) / 2 + 1280;
  }
}

in advance thanks for help !

-- kik0r