garxfce4 0.2.0 released

Devin Whalen devin at synapticvision.com
Mon Mar 22 17:08:43 CET 2004

hi all-
i meant to do this closer to the actual 4.0.4 release, but, well, i got
busy.  anyway, i have a new release of garxfce4, the easy-to-use xfce4
installer, based on xfce 4.0.4.  tarballs and instructions can be found
at:
http://kelnos.homelinux.org/xfce4/garxfce4.html
also check out the README in the root of the distribution.

let me know if anyone has any problems.

    -brian

Hey Brian,

I am just wondering about the configuration of garxfce4....I hope it is
ok to ask this on the list.  To install xfce4 I usually just download
all the tarballs and then untar them and do
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
then run ./configure make and make install....using all the defaults, I
don't set anything differently.  So what would I set this to in
gar.conf.mk:

	# Directory config for the "main" image
	main_prefix ?= $(HOME)/garxfce4

I want a system wide install.  It says on your website to set it to /etc
so xfce4 will be installed in /etc/xfce4...but it is not installed there
on my system. AFAIK, there seems to be stuff installed in
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/etc/xfce4

Sorry to bother you on this, I have just been putting off upgrading
xfce4 due to time constraints and I want to give this ago and see how it
works.

Thanks for your help

Later

--