still trying to lock xfce...

Alvise alvise.rabitti at querinistampalia.org
Thu Mar 18 09:50:50 CET 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> this reminds me of something i was thinking about a while ago... is this
> really the best way to implement a systemwide-restricted config? it
> seems to me that this places a bit of a burden on the system admin,
> since they'll need to make damned sure that the user can't run a
> terminal.

But... if I could lock the apps in the panel without any terminal in it
and edit the desktop menu taking away the "Run program", "Terminal" and
similar. If I make sure that user-accessible apps don't provide
terminals (like kate do).
Would there be any other way for an user to access a terminal?
I mean, apart from the Ctrl+Alt+[Fx] console and logging in again, wich
would need the knowledge of the username and password, that in kiosk
enviroment may not be necessary (Someone logs in the user in the morning
when the pcs are started and shuts down the pcs in the evening, or uses
the autologin function)

Have a nice day,

Alvise