still trying to lock xfce...

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at echobase.homeunix.net
Tue Mar 16 13:25:41 CET 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Fully agreed. This has been brought up by me and others several times,
> but unfortunately no-one has found the time to actually implement
> something.
>
> I hadn't thought about the different users before. Another thing is
> perhaps to make it a little more configurable than all-or-nothing. I can
> imageine allowing a user to change the theme, but not the panel
> contents.

ACK. I'd like to implement something like the KDE KIOSK mode, maybe less
flexible though. Whatever we decide to implement, we should not limit it to
the panel, but have a consistent way to disable user config in applications
(for example the desktop menu).

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/