Why not making XFrun a daemon?

Scott Jones scott at exti.net
Mon Mar 15 21:25:38 CET 2004

On Monday 15 March 2004 14:13, Shahar Weiss wrote:

> Hello. I've been using XFCE for a while, and I make a very extensive
> use of XFrun to launch applications. However, whenever I type Alt+F2
> it takes an annoying 2 seconds for the prompt to show up, and I'm
> guessing the reason is due to the fact XFrun is a single application
> which is ran whenever you use Alt+F2.
>
> Turning it into a daemon would make it faster I think, and since it's
> pretty small I couldn't find a reason for not turning it into a
> daemon.
>
> So... why not? :)

I don't know about the why or why not, but take a look at the minicmd
plugin.  It puts a mini command line on the panel, and uses the same
history as xfrun4.  You can grab it from the Goodies site at Berlios
(link is in my .sig).

--
Homepage			http://scott.exti.net
XFce desktop environment	http://www.xfce.org