xffm

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Mar 15 02:18:04 CET 2004

El dom, 14-03-2004 a las 10:03, Andy Choens escribió:
> When I posted this thread, I never meant to imply anything other than
> that.  I was just trying to figure out what the purpose of having the
> two panels was, since they are connected in a manner I don't seem to
> understand, and to see if there was any way to change the default
> behavior.

Adding an second treeview, independent of the first would entail greater
memory and resource consumption. The dual treeview is a different view
of the same treeview model. You can have some folders expanded in one
and collapsed in the other, but once the contents is loaded in one, it
takes no time to load into the other.

Yeah, I know it is a bit strange at first. But in the future you may
expect other gtk applications (not necessarily fm's) to exhibit similar
behaviour: it is a feature only available with gtk-2.

Edscott