XFce4 and kdm 3.2

Scott Jones scott at exti.net
Sat Mar 13 02:07:08 CET 2004

OK, I've got this fixed.  As I said before,  the way sessions are
started from kdm changed with KDE 3.2.  kdm no longer uses kdmrc, but
instead uses .desktop files in kdm's config directory.  This means
that, at least with the RPMs built for SuSE, XFce4 will not be added to
the session menu by xfce-utils if you have upgraded KDE to 3.2.

I've built an RPM that adds a .desktop file for XFce4 in the appropriate
place (for SuSE).  It can be internationalized, but since my Spanish is
embarrassingly rusty, it is currently English-only.  If anyone wants to
add a translation, feel free to do so and I will add it in.

You can get them along with the rest of the SuSE 8.2 RPMs from my site
(http://scott.exti.net/xfce4/4.0.4).

--
Homepage			http://scott.exti.net
XFce desktop environment	http://www.xfce.org