2 questions

Moritz Heiber moe at xfce.org
Fri Mar 12 09:30:18 CET 2004

On 11 Mar 2004 23:23:18 -0800
Joseph Oaks <trell at trells.com> wrote:

> First, been using XFCE for about a week and a half now, I love it :)

Thank you.

> System is a Redhat 9.0 that was installed with Gnome. I installed XFCE
> from RPM's and all is fine. Well sort of :/
>
> Question 1: How do I get XFCE to access my .bash_profile, under gnome
> it
>             does this just fine however everytime I start in XFCE it
>             will not access for a lace of better terms the
>             .bash_profile What have I done wrong?

What for? The terminal? You lost me there .. sorry ;-)

> Question 2: How can I get the gnome menu to work on the XFCE right
> click
>             of the mouse on the desktop? Or better yet have it
>             accesable via a left click on the desktop.

You have two oppertunities: Either you can use your present xfdesktop in
conjunction with Menumaker ( menumaker.sf.net IIRC ) or you may download
a CVS copy of our current xfdesktop (NOT .. read NOT .. recommened)
which features a menu editor and automatic Gnome menu integration.
Its up to you ;-)

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Trell

Regards,