Themes

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 5 15:02:48 CET 2004

040304 Andrew wrote:
>> sorry, but what is  $PREFIX ?
> The only thing to be sorry about is I can't give you a better definition.
> It's a variable, indicated by the $ and caps.  This was is something
> like 'where your programs will be installed', it being a variable
> so that all your programs know to put themselves there.
> Mine is /usr/, AFAIK (Mandrake 9.2).

oh yes ok, i know that fr installing non-std pkgs.
however here on Gentoo, there's no such thing as a std loc'n:
pkgs are installed wherever the e-build says to,
so most go into  /usr , but some go in  /opt  & eg KDE into  /usr/kde ;
anything i install not fr Gentoo i put in  /usr/local .

this was re themes, so does  $PREFIX  have any more precise df'n there ?
the biggest problem i have w themes -- like fonts -- is where to find them.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca