Terminals

Julien Graglia jgraglia at netceler.com
Thu Mar 4 09:02:35 CET 2004

6.21466.9.camel at emperor.webtrek.com> <4043B693.9040004 at operamail.com>

Jack Kern wrote:

> Yes, easier and cleaner but not relevant to the solution.  Although my
> example was also not quite apt, the original problem had to do with
> output from a program.
>
> "ls -l  |  less"  or   "dmesg  | less"   would be a more applicable
> example, as he needs the pipe.

I launch a java application by the command" java MyApp", in this app I
    . write (long) strings to system.out (java.lang.System.out.println())
    . read "commands" from system.in (java.lang.System.in.read())

If I  pipe my application with 'less' (java MyApp | less), i only get
the output  and i cant type command...

Looks like I can't resolve my problem....

thanks for your help.

--
Julien Graglia - NetCeler
jgraglia at netceler.com