Java/Matlab problem?

Auke Kok sofar at xfce.org
Mon Jun 28 14:04:06 CEST 2004

Xavier Otazu wrote:

>     Hi!
>
>     It looks like there is some problem with Java windows.

possibly related but maybe not, just being complete here:

when I open remote windows from my sun to perform java-based admin tool
changes (veritas admin, other tools, modelling programs using java) they
all start either one of the following ways:

case 1) I see a semi-transparent xfwm4 titlebar, xxxxxxx pixels wide, I
see the 'menu' and 'sticky' handles, the window title is displayed in
the 'semi-transparent' title bar area, which seems to show garbage. The
window dimension of the client area looks to be 0x5000 pixels

case 2) The client area is xxxxxx by yyyyy pixels, and grey coloured in
2 gray colours, the darkest gray block occupies a the area that I would
suspect to be the proper window size.

in both cases I can somehow resize the window, close the application and
re-start it, and have a working application

also, I have used with success a Xnest without any WM to start these
java based applications

note: I'm running current CVS and update twice a week or so...

/sofar

(need screenshots?)