Anyone use k3b or nautilus in xcfe4?

Auke Kok sofar at xfce.org
Tue Jun 22 10:01:44 CEST 2004

Chris Green wrote:

>I have just installed a DVD writer, I've got the DVD recognised and
>I've installed the growisofs command line utilities for DVD writing
>and that seems OK but I'm having no luck at all with either k3b or
>nautilus-cd-burner.  Has anyone got a CD/DVD writer GUI going with
>xfce?
>
>My experience so far is:-
>
>nautilus-cd-burner - I downloaded the software, unpacked it, ran
>./confugure all OK.  But then what?  There isn't a Makefile so 'make'
>doesn't do anything and none of the INSTALL or README files tells you
>what to do.
>
>k3b - I got a slackware package for this and installed it with no
>problems and also installed KDE from my slackware 9.1 CD.  The
>requirements for the version of k3b that I have installed match the
>KDE I've installed.  However on running the k3b configure utility I
>get an error message about missing libraries and when I run k3b I get
>lots of errors about 'no GUI running'.  I thought xfce could run KDE
>applications.

You're comparing apples with pears here ... xfce can run any X
application, and as a matter of fact, it can even run non-X applications
(yes really).

Your question is better suited for k3b-users or #gnome even, it has
nothing to do with xfce.

If you want to know how to compile stuff yourself then read the INSTALL
file that is packed with almost every source tarball. Be dangerous.

I use plenty of cd/dvd writing applications, most notably cdrecord
itself and xcdroast, k3b...

sofar