Anyone use k3b or nautilus in xcfe4?

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 09:48:27 CEST 2004

I have just installed a DVD writer, I've got the DVD recognised and
I've installed the growisofs command line utilities for DVD writing
and that seems OK but I'm having no luck at all with either k3b or
nautilus-cd-burner.  Has anyone got a CD/DVD writer GUI going with
xfce?

My experience so far is:-

nautilus-cd-burner - I downloaded the software, unpacked it, ran
./confugure all OK.  But then what?  There isn't a Makefile so 'make'
doesn't do anything and none of the INSTALL or README files tells you
what to do.

k3b - I got a slackware package for this and installed it with no
problems and also installed KDE from my slackware 9.1 CD.  The
requirements for the version of k3b that I have installed match the
KDE I've installed.  However on running the k3b configure utility I
get an error message about missing libraries and when I run k3b I get
lots of errors about 'no GUI running'.  I thought xfce could run KDE
applications.

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)