Can you add cancel button when it's possible?

Ondrej Mihalyi mihalyi at matfyz.cz
Thu Jun 17 13:41:12 CEST 2004

I agree with you that the option to revert is not crucial, but as Auke Kok (sofar) mentioned, it's always nice to have that option if it's only a bit useful, and I believe it is if you have more than two options - you chose one, you don't like it, but now you can't remember which one you had before and keep trying one after another until you find it (e.g theme names, font size and name, etc.

To conclude my comments and clarify my statements, whether we have a REVERT button is not important to me.  More important is whether discussion about topics like this is meaningful.  Whenever a user has an idea on this list how to make XFCE better, a bunch of replies follows his message stating why it is good and why not, but I see no clear statement from anyone from XFCE team whether they consider it or they just don't like it and would never do that even if someone posted a patch, period.

When I posted my previous message, I tried to make myself clear and advocated for an option I though would be useful and make your software better and smarter.  You don't have to agree, but then it's not enough to say why it's not useful, because I know it would be useful to me and you're not going to convince me. You definitely should state whether it's good and you'll work around it, bad and you'll never touch it, or you don't care and are free to accept patches; otherwise my message would be followed by many more going over and over the same topic.

Nice day to you, ondro