Can you add cancel button when it's possible?

Xan DXpublica at telefonica.net
Thu Jun 17 00:20:46 CEST 2004

Dijous 17 Juny 2004 00:12, en/na Brian J. Tarricone (<"Brian J. Tarricone"
<bjt23 at cornell.edu>>) va escriure:

> the settings dialogs use instant-apply, so a cancel setting isn't
> applicable.  it would be rather hard to implement, at any rate.  i see
> no reason to change the current behavior.  most interfaces are moving
> toward the instant-apply model, not away from it.  in fact, i recall
> that the gnome HIG says something to the effect that you should make all
> settings dialogs instant-apply, if possible.

I like instant-apply models. I think that were useful a "revert changes"
button. Useful overall for dialogs to have many options and changing all
options to previous state spend a little time (more than click to a cancel
button ;).

I think that this implementation were cheap: only save the actual settings at
the begginning and delete them when ok or close button is clicked.

Regards,
Xan.