Xinerama + Virtual Desktops

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 16 15:49:56 CEST 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Paul Bohme wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:33:00 -0400
> Scott Rubin <slr2777 at cs.rit.edu> wrote:
>
> > I already know that in CVS xinerama support is much improved, but as I
> > don't like to do anything that will mess up portage (gentoo user) I
> > don't use it yet.
>
> There's always the possibility of creating an ebuild to pull cvs sources
> and build them.  That's living life a bit on the edge, but ... ;-)

why duplicate the effort?  http://dev.gentoo.org/~bcowan/xfce-cvs/
remember to unmerge _all_ the non-cvs xfce packages first.  i don't
believe the cvs ebuilds are blocked by them, but Weird Things[tm] will
definitely happen if you try to install both stable and cvs into the
same prefix.

just as a general note: these ebuilds are obviously not supported by
gentoo, so don't file any bugs related to them on gentoo's bugzilla.
also, if you have build problems using these, don't bug the other xfce
devs; please take your problems to either bcowan or me.  if you're going
to post to the ml, please at least state that you're using "bcowan's
xfce-cvs ebuilds" or similar.

and be sure to thank bcowan for taking the time to put all those
together ^_^.

	-brian