Workspaces in a matrix.

Marv Boyes marvboyes at att.net
Mon Jun 14 13:31:04 CEST 2004

For what it's worth (and it seems that this is what Josh might be
suggesting), I would personally like to see the linear layout remain an
option even if the matrix layout is implemented. I tend to keep my panel
small, and I use the feature for dragging-and-dropping windows from one
desktop to another an awful lot (this, to me, is one of Xfce's most
clever features). The graphical pager in a matrix layout, while a
space-saver, would be extremely small in my panel.

Just my two cents; feel free to disregard them. ;)

Thanks,
Marv

Josh Howard wrote:
> I couldn't help but notice that workspaces are laid out in a linear
> way where they just stretch from 1 to infinity, without being laid
> out in a matrix. Is there any support for having them laid out in
> such a way? I find it kind of funny that the Workspaces and Margins
> icon in the Settttings Manager actually shows it laid out in this
> way, but there doesn't seem to be support for it. It'd be nice to
> have it in a 2x2 or 4x4, etc. instead of a 9x1.

Help in the research to fight devastating diseases like
Huntington's, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's-- donate your computer's
leisure time to Folding at Home.
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/