Themes

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 10 18:28:42 CEST 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 brettholcomb at charter.net wrote:

> What exactly is the difference between the user interface and window
> manager themes?  I know chosing the wm themes changes the look of all
> my windows but what purpose is the user interface?

the WM themes control window decorations - the border and titlebar.  the
UI themes control the look-and-feel of gtk2 applications, e.g., buttons,
scrollbars, menus, etc.

> Does a theme have to have entries in both directories?  I have one
> theme that only goes in the xfwm4 directory?

the themes are gtk2- and xfwm4-specific.  they're actually unrelated.
you choose them independently, so you can mix and match which gtk2 theme
you use with which xfwm4 theme you use.  they aren't compatible, of
course - an xfwm4 theme can't be used as a gtk2 theme, and vice versa.

	-brian