xfce4-session: longer start

Sergey Manucharyan serge at bonbon.net
Fri Jun 4 21:37:52 CEST 2004

Hi developers,

I like the new 4.1.x versions of xfce and appreciate your great work.
I use xfce4-session for several months. But after updating my xfce4 from cvs today I've found, that it's start time increased significantly and reached 36 sec (!!) on my Arch Linux box (AthlonXP1700 (1100MHz)/256Mb/7200rpm HDD). Then I've replaced xfce4-session from cvs of May 19 - the start time became 20 sec. The next step - cvs of April 22 - with the best result of 9 sec. (I measure the time xfce takes to start just after rebooting).

Is it just temporarily inconvenient "side effect" of the developing unstable version, or there are some hidden features inside?

Sergey