Features wishlist for xfce 4.1

Jonathan Gardner bohemian72 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 4 15:16:44 CEST 2004

http://linux.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.os.linux.x/2004-03/0009.html

> Hehe, to be honest, I think it's unlikely that
> olivier will want to code
> anything like it for xfwm ;)
>
> Personally I've never missed it and the very few
> times I ever used
> fluxbox they didn't feel natural to me. Maybe it
> takes getting used to.
>
> I don't actually have a very strong opinion on this
> though.

I like tabs in my browser, but from the example I've
seen, I don't really like this. Didn't Macs have
something like this a long time ago. I forget, the
only time I used them was in an old silly Comp Sci
class in college in 1991.
Couldn't a similar effect be created by having the
taskbar always visable and maximizing all the apps? I
do something like this anyway. I keep the panel and
the taskbar hidden, but set to expand on top of
everything if I mouse near them. I then keep the apps
maximized. If I need to switch to a different
application, I just mouse near the top and the task
bar pops down and I select what I want. If I want to
start a new application I mouse near the bottom and
the panel pops up and I select what I want.
This has been getting trickier since I've been playing
(opperative word) with gdesklets lately, but that's my
own issue. ;-)

Jonathan