Features wishlist for xfce 4.1

Xan DXpublica at telefonica.net
Wed Jun 2 18:59:34 CEST 2004

Dimecres 02 Juny 2004 14:44, en/na purslow at sympatico.ca
(<purslow at sympatico.ca>) va escriure:

> 040602 Xan wrote:
> > Where is the place I should post my feature request?
>
> IIRC you can submit it as a bug, marking it 'feature',
> which will mean someone will have to respond, if only to close it (smile),
> but this list should get everyone's attention too.

Yes. Probably, a wishlist bug is equal to close bug in the majorty (perhaps
all ;) of projects. I hope that this were different.

I don't know why the open source projects in general ignore the majorty of
feature request. I think that the team of the project have the (moral)
responsability to make that their software are the best as possible, even
more if anyone (a user) say that it could be more good if it has this
feature.

I don't know why if I say: "I think that that application could do B", always
I get "But you can do A" (smile with despair!). Why not joint the efforts for
modify the application for being more general and that it could do A or B?,
and even A and B by more ways?.

I think that a feature request that is not incompatible with the present
features (for example, custom toolbar in gnome console) automatically has to
be include in the next release of application.

..... return to the topic...
Thanks,

Xan.