OT: Any suggestions for good gtk-based file managers?

Marv Boyes marvboyes at att.net
Wed Jun 2 04:44:24 CEST 2004

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Ironically, I'm back to using Nautilus, having discovered that the
--no-desktop option will prevent it from trashing my Xfce desktop; when
all else fails, RTFM! ;)

I checked out ROX-- while it's impressive (the icons alone are a treat),
it's a bit daunting for a "hardcore" Konqueror user. Still, I think a
little practice with ROX will pay off.

All things considered, though, I think I'll probably be sticking with
Konq for now for most of my file management needs-- I have a hard time
without split panes, cut/copy/paste, and outright deletion from the
right-click menu (rather than Nautilus' send-to-trash). Konq certainly
suffers from featuritis, but I can live with that.

Thanks again,

Marv

Help in the research to fight devastating diseases like
Huntington's, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's-- donate your computer's
leisure time to Folding at Home.
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/