problem changing XFCE 3 panel font

Michal Szymanski msz at astrouw.edu.pl
Fri Jul 30 11:10:29 CEST 2004

Hi,

After upgrading the OS (from RH7.2 to FC2) resulting in changing Xfree86
to Xorg X11, my fonts got ugly. I've seen some postings regarding this
and I'll try to use the hints to fix the overall problem later.

Now just a problem that I got into when trying to fix (at least) the
fonts shown in XFCE3 panel. I opened Settings/Xfce, changed the font
from "adobe-helvetica-...-12-.." to another size, applied the change,
nothing happened to my panel. Restarted XFCE, no change. Tried to change
not only the size but also the family etc. - no success. It seems that
XFCE is silently ignoring any changes. The newly selected font gets
written to ~/.xfce/xfcolors but this is the only change I could notice.

Any ideas why it is so?

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw.edu.pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND