Panel/Taskbar idea: embarrassingly basic newbie question

Marv Boyes marvboyes at att.net
Sun Jul 18 07:51:32 CEST 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> if you want the panel and taskbar combined, why not use the taskbar
> plugin for the panel and ditch the taskbar entirely?  i believe it's on
> the xfce-goodies page.
>
>    -brian

This looks exactly like what I've been wanting for my own setup. My
trouble is that I've never been able to successfully compile and install
anything (xfce-related or otherwise) from source on my Mandrake 9.2
machine.

I almost hate to have to ask-- but can anyone tell me _where_ I ought to
unpack this tarball before trying to compile and install it?

Thanks in advance...

Marv
--
Help in the research to fight devastating diseases like
Huntington's, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's-- donate your computer's