How to logout / save session?

M. Glenn Lewis mlewis00 at tctwest.net
Thu Jul 15 19:31:02 CEST 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 08:44 am, Claudio J. Peña wrote:
<snip>
> |Hi,
> |
> |	I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I experienced the same
> |problem when I updated my Debian testing installation and upgraded my
> |GTK libs from 2.2 to 2.4 series (I have readed somewhere in the list
> |that Xfce have problems with GTK 2.4). I think the problem with
> |xfce-session is the version of libglib (2.4 for Debian testing). If you
> |need the session manager you may consider installing the version 2.2
> |libglib2.0-0 package, altough it will surely break various dependencies
> |(esp. Gnome 2.4).
> |
> |	I hope that helps. Greets,

Thanks for the reply,

As you say, I usually do not install older versions of libraries for fear of
breaking other dependencies or causing conflicts.

Also, I /am/ able to use xfce-session (i.e. it is listed as a running
process) but I am unable to find a method to logout and / or save the
current session. I used 'gnome-session-save' once and it caused a session
to be saved in $HOME/.xfce4/sessions but then  xfce-session was unable to
restore the session (???).

I have basically resolved myself to just wait until the next version of
xfce-session is released or until someone knowledgeable about the subject
can offer me a solution to the problem.

Thanks again,

MGL
--
^^^^^^^Parts of original message omitted when not needed. *See thread.^^^^^^
M. Glenn Lewis