How to logout / save session?

Claudio J. Peña claudio_j at fullzero.com.ar
Mon Jul 12 16:44:35 CEST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 02:49:07 -0600, M. Glenn Lewis wrote:

<snip>
> The 'lock' button obviously locks the screen. The 'exit' button just
> abruptly exits without saving the session (which seems logical given
> its name). The elusive 'logout' button does not seem to exist.
>
> Although I am obviously no expert on Xfce4, I am beginning to think
that the
> version of 'xfce4-session' that I have installed has not yet
implemented
> the 'logout' function. I can think of no other explanation.

Hi,

	I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I experienced the same
problem when I updated my Debian testing installation and upgraded my
GTK libs from 2.2 to 2.4 series (I have readed somewhere in the list
that Xfce have problems with GTK 2.4). I think the problem with
xfce-session is the version of libglib (2.4 for Debian testing). If you
need the session manager you may consider installing the version 2.2
libglib2.0-0 package, altough it will surely break various dependencies
(esp. Gnome 2.4).

	I hope that helps. Greets,

--
Claudio J. Peña