problem with gtk-xfce-engine-2 under prefix /usr/local

Ladanyi Akos ladanyi at tmit.bme.hu
Fri Jul 9 12:04:03 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've just installed the cvs version of xfce4 under prefix /usr/local.
Everything works fine except that xfce's gtk themes do not appear in
the list in the 'User Interface' settings plugin.

When I make symlinks to the theme engine's libs from
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/engines
and copy the themes from /usr/local/share/themes to ~/.themes then
everything works.

So my question is that gtk themes/engines under /usr/local aren't supposed
to work or my system is somehow misconfigured?

regards,
Akos