shadow cursor

Sergey Manucharyan serge at bonbon.net
Fri Jul 2 07:56:57 CEST 2004

Hi Atte,

This shadow is provided by X, not Xfce, you can chose from one X's
themes, e.g. redglass or whiteglass - both come with drop shadow.

Just add the row:

Xcursor.theme: whiteglass

to <xfce-dir>/etc/xfce4/xinitrc

Maybe there are another ways to add a shadow to mouse pointer,
I'm satisfied with this one.

AAJ> The other day I suddenly discovered there was a nice drop-shadow on my
AAJ> mouse cursor. But all of the sudden it was gone again. I have no idea
AAJ> where it came from or where it went, but I'd like to get it back.

AAJ> So I guess my question is: how do (in general) get drop shadow on the
AAJ> mouse cursor?

AAJ> I'm running xfce under debian/unstable with X 4.3.0.1 and my videocard
AAJ> is a Radeon Mobility 9000...

Sergey