A Wacky Idea...

Marv Boyes marvboyes at att.net
Fri Jul 2 04:28:02 CEST 2004

Biju Chacko wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:54:14 -0400
> Marv Boyes <marvboyes at att.net> wrote:
>

>>Maybe it's lunacy. It makes some sense to me, but others may not think
>>so. At any rate, it's something I've never really seen before: windows
>>that shade SIDEWAYS.
>

> I think you should be able to do this with E or sawfish. I happen to
> like a related feature: vertical captions on the left side of windows,
> or captions on the bottom of windows.
>
> However, both of our ideas are not really mainstream, so I really don't
> think they would fit in with the overall philosophy of xfwm4.

It's not that I was necessarily expecting it to materialize in the Xfce
project; this is just the only display-related list to which I belong.
:) Honestly, I was more interested in seeing if it was anything that
anyone but me might see some utility in.

 From the responses I've read, I see that the answer is yes-- and no. ;)

Help in the research to fight devastating diseases like
Huntington's, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's-- donate your computer's
leisure time to Folding at Home.
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/