the CLAW is ready for Alpha
groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 09:55:31 CET 2004
After much ado and a rewrite,
The CLAW (Chris's LAme filebroWser) is ready for alpla
testing (oh joy!)
Here is the score:
1) The bottom command line is gone. Use the terminal
button to open an xterm in the current directory.
2) There are little folders on the quick browser now,
and a right click allows opening the location.
3) Since DnD in between browsers is not coming along
so good, there is a dual pane mode. Select a pane
(click on it) and the toolbar buttons will work for
that pane. Drag and drop between the panes works too.
4) I have added a trash option (..Wastebasket) to the
right click and an empty trash option on the toolbar.
5) I have added a drag and drop style bookmarks bar in
a notebook with the quick browser. Click the column
header to save them, right click them to get the
6) There is a music preview (using mpg123, ogg123 and
playwav) if you hold the pointer over an ".ogg",
".mpg" or ".wav" file.
1) Put the mime-type file in the ~/.claw directory so
it can be edited by the user.
2) Make an XML editor for the mimetype file
3) Since my XML file lists extentions, icons and
associated applications, I need a much more complete
list of applications and file types.
4) Multifile drag and drop: That darn
What is my point with this posting:
Hey, I'm ready to use that webspace now!
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!
More information about the Xfce