galeon 1.3.12 spinner, gnome icons

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 29 22:08:23 CET 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Paul Heldens wrote:

> Hello,
> Are gnome icons themes supported under xfce4.0.x? the galeon 1.3.12
> spinner(*) depends on this. My problem is that the spinner shows up in
> a gnome2 session, yet not in an xfce 4.0.x session.
>
> *) top-right progress indicator, from this galeon release on handled
> by the gnome2 icons theme.

my guess would be that it won't work, at least not now.  the gnome2 icon
theme is stored in the gconf configuration database, and xfce doesn't
use gconf at present.  nor does it launch the daemon that allows you to
retrieve settings.

personally i think it's a bit lame that they chose this route, to depend
on gnome2 just for a stupid spinning icon.  is there really no way to
fall back to some default icon?

	-brian