The file browser

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Mon Jan 26 18:20:19 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 09:25, Robert Serphillips wrote:
> >>other fm. I also like how easy it is to change themes, and layout, etc
> >>
> >>The shortcut for using the goto location pane is ALT+End. This is very
> >>close to the shortcut for removing a desktop ALT+Delete. I constantly
> >>find myself hitting the wrong key and removing my desktops. Can this be
> >>remapped?
> >>

> >Sure it can. What do you suggest to use as keybinding?
> >

> I'm thinking ALT+G (go) or maybe ALT+J (jump to). Doesn't look like
> these are taken yet.

The ALT+letter are problematic, since they will activate the main menu
element (ALT+G activates the goto menu). What makes it more difficult is
that the letter for each menu is locale dependent, changing with
different languages. But it seems CTL+G is not taken, nor is ALT-right.
Which one of these two would work better?