wack file browser idea

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sat Jan 24 09:53:58 CET 2004

Op za 24-01-2004, om 01:59 schreef Jack Coates:
> On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 10:49, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > Op vr 23-01-2004, om 19:40 schreef Jack Coates:
> > > location bar at bottom, with globbing and tab completion of course, also
> > > implementing complete cp, mv, and ln by passing the commands right
> > > through to a shell.
> > >
> > > Say I browse to ~/docs/foo and see a ton of JPEGs I want to move -- so I
> > > type in the location bar: mv *.jpg ../../images/
> > >
> > > that'd be really cool <insert beavis snigger>.
> >
> > You do know Rox implements all this, don't you?
> >
> > 	Jasper
>
> poorly, if it could be said to do so at all. I have to right-click an
> empty section of window, select "Select > Select If...", go to the bar,
> click the lightbulb to look up how to use the non-standard notation
> (gotta put single quotes around your globs), make my selection, open a
> new window to the new location, then use the mouse to drag the files.

Hmm, yeah, that's true, you need to define keyboard shortcuts to make is
work nicely.

For anyone who doesn't know, you can make a  ~/.gtkrc-2.0 with this line

gtk-can-change-accels = 1

and then you can change keyboard shortcuts in menus, by typing them
while highlighting the menu item.

I have bound ? to select if, / to path entry and . to run a shell
command.

So, I just removed some emacs autosaves:

	Jasper

PS
xterm -e mc works fine too, of course ;-)